"Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart" ~Psalm 37:4

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Baby Girl's Pink & Black Nursery.

So this nursery was so much fun to decorate, yet soo much work!! Way more than I anticipated, but the finished product was so worth it! I had a bunch of people asking me about different pieces and such in the nursery so I am going to break it all down best I can! Here is baby girl's pink & chic nursery from start to finish!

We knew we wanted to do white beadboard with a pinky purple paint from the beginning...I had a vision in my head of that with the black baby furniture...So we actually started the whole room with this pink Capri rug from pottery barn kids..I just fell in love with the purply pink color and we went from there...we ended up actually mixing two pottery barn kids paint colors together 50/50 to get the perfect blend; it is Benjamin Moore's Posy Pink, and Benjamin Moore's Pink Lace...So our painter came and did the painting and installed the beadboard and I just fell in love!


From there we started looking at satin and curtain fabrics for the window treatment to do satin bows on the curtains...we found the fabric at Forsyth Fabric and Lewis and Sheron fabric, I wanted to bring in darker shade of the pink and it was perfect and girly! So we had them custom made on a cornice board to make it super easy to hang!

Then my mom found an old rocker at an antique store that was perfect and needed to be recovered, so we snatched it up and had it recovered in a textured of white fabric and had it piped in the pink satin and monogrammed with her initials..

And the side table we actually found a little antique side table and cut the top off of it and used an antique tray for the top of it..and then just shabby chic'd it to finish it off!

Then we copied the satin bows off of the curtains and emulated them on the black round crib...I had the crib skirt made with a black and white stripe fabric I found at Lewis...and the frames in background are from Hobby Lobby and I just blotched a little black paint over the white frames to give them some dimension.

And we had this black hutch from my son's nursery as well that I added clear crystal knobs to give it some bling!


Then I found this chandy off of Ebay for an amazing price...it had the purply pink crystals and was perfect for the room.



Then we had this chaise lounge from my son's nursery already in the stripe so it worked perfectly to repeat stripe on the crib skirt! And the little pink pillow was handmade by my mom with the pink satin fabric and tulle, gathered to look like rosettes.

And this ribbon mirror is my obsession! It's my favorite thing in the room...I stumble across it on one of my design blogs I followed by chance and fell in love.it's just so girly and elegant! It is from Diamond Lighting the Mya Collection.

 Then I wanted to get a really girly bookcase to store all her little trinkets, dolls, books etc...and found this Jenny Lind from Land of Nod...i just loved the spindles on it..it came in white and blue.so we spray painted it a rosy darker pink color.


Then I found this cute little Hobnob lamp of Ebay and added these rosettes I ordered off of Etsy around the top and bottom!

 And my mom made this cute little bow/hat tree out of rod iron, pray paint, moss, and a plant urn...it turned out so cute and brought in a little green to the room!

And that was the last piece to go in the room! It was a long process, but a fun one!..I can't wait to spend many days (and nights) in there relaxing! 



No comments:

Post a Comment